- The Chief Minister of Nagaland allocates portfolios to the ministers
- He keeps Finance portfolio with him and will deal with the same
- Deputy CM Y Patton gets the state Home Ministry
The cabinet ministers of the newly elected Peoples’ Democratic Alliance government, a coalition of BJP and NDPP has finally received their portfolios. The Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio allocated the portfolios keeping finance ministry with him.
Deputy CM Y Patton gets Home Ministry
The Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio, after much speculations, finally allocated the portfolios to their cabinet ministers in the state on Monday.
As per the information, CM Rio has allocated the designations and ministry keeping in mind the level of seniority amongst the cabinet ministers.
However, CM keeps Finance with him as this is considered to be a big responsibility.
The Personnel and Administrative reforms and all important policy issues including portfolios not allocated to any minister, but the CM.
In this allocation of ministries, the Deputy CM has received the liability of state Home Ministry.
This is not the first time when the Deputy Chief Minister and BJP MLA Y Patton received this portfolio, as before this he served as the Home Minister in the TR Zeliang led DAN government.
Keeping his experience in mind, the CM allotted Home and National Highways ministry to Patton.
List of ministers with their portfolios
- CM Neiphiu Rio– Ministry of Finance, Personnel and Administrative Reforms
- Deputy CM Y Patton- Ministry of Home Affairs, National Highways
- G Kaito Aye- Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperation
- CM Chang- Ministry of Forest, Environment and Climate Change and Parliamentary Affairs
- Neiba Kronu- Ministry of Planning and coordination and land revenue
- S Pangnyu Phom- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- P Paiwang Konyak- Ministry of Transport, Communication, and Railways and Land resources
- Jacob Zhimomi- Ministry of PHE
- Tongpang Ozukum-PWD
- Metsubo Jamirurban-Ministry of Affairs and Municipal Affairs
- Kashiho Sangtam- Ministry of Soil and Water Conservation and Women and Child Development
- Temjen Imna Along- Ministry of Higher and Technical Education
PDA’s 100 days action plan
Nagaland has received a new government in the state after the assembly elections. After the formation of the government in the state, the PDA govt has set up its first cabinet meeting.
In the meeting, the new Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio along with other cabinet ministers set targets for their respective departments for the first 100 days.
“To begin with, all government departments and institutions will be required to have their own websites, portals and social media accounts to provide information about the work to be undertaken over the next 100 days,” a statement issued by Cabinet Secretary Temjen Toy said.
As Nagaland government lacked social media handles and the official websites, these steps will help in bridging the gap between the populace and the government.
Later the meeting, the Chief Minister of Nagaland held a press conference where he shared his feelings and the plan the government is going to implement in the upcoming days.
In the statement, Rio promised “good governance, transparency and a culture of meritocracy” to its people.
“The targets set by the government for 100 days, six months and one year will be made public,” the statement said.
Along with this, the government also promised the periodical checks of the works of its ministers in their respective departments.